Certified Select Sites
CSX Select Sites are premium certified rail-served sites for industrial development and expansion. These properties are ready to accommodate rail-served industrial customers and have been certified by The Austin Company. Select Sites present a unique opportunity to purchase a property with lower upfront development risk and faster speed to market.
To receive the Select Site designation, sites must meet a stringent set of criteria, including:
- Size (the program’s optimal size is 100 to 1,000 developable acres)
- Land control
- Workforce availability
- Infrastructure and utility availability
- Environmental and cultural reviews
- Wetland delineation
- Appropriate zoning and entitlement
- Rail serviceability
- Proximity to highways or interstates
- Other location attributes and due diligence criteria
Candidate sites for the program must have attractive characteristics for large industrial companies and be free of “red flags” or barriers to a quick development timeline. The sites must also be located in communities that are committed to attracting new industrial operations.