Partnering for Industrial Development Success: CSX Partnershipping Awards
Each year CSX’s Industrial Development team recognizes a select number of individuals and organizations that have been instrumental in working with our team in either a particular economic development project or a series of them. We call it the Partnershipping Award.
The award expresses our appreciation for efforts ultimately leading to the successful conclusion of a significant rail-oriented new customer for CSX. For many years, our team has recognized both individuals and groups within the economic development community as well as individuals or groups associated with short line partners.
We are fortunate to work in so many states and communities with impressive economic development professionals, competent in their field and a pleasure to work with on a daily basis. Over the past five years, we have had the privilege of recognizing the following individuals and groups within the economic development and short line professions:
1. Curt Mather – Millard Refrigerated Services, Inc.
2. Michael Filoni – Carload Express, Inc.
3. Okefenokee Area Development Authority – Waycross, GA
4. Stella Heath – Pinsley Railroad Company
5. Montgomery, Alabama Area Chamber of Commerce
6. Regional Economic Development Partnership, Wheeling, WV
7. Bainbridge & Decatur County, Georgia, Development Authority
8. Greenville and Western Railway
9. Jerry Hayes – Economic Development Executive Director – Defiance County, OH
10. Mark Nagy – Lake State Railway
11. Jeffrey Richardson – Waste Management
12. Cartersville – Bartow County, Georgia Development of Economic Development
This year, we were pleased to add two more to the list of award winners. Congratulations to Brian Moody of Tuscola Economic Development Inc. as well as the Development Authority of Bryan County, Georgia for partnership in economic development.
Brian Moody at Tuscola Economic Development Inc. worked tirelessly with local real estate, contractors, utility companies and others to assist Cronus Chemical in Tuscola, IL. Located on a CSX Select Site, Cronus will build a $1.4 billion project that will ultimately create 2,000 construction jobs and 175 full-time jobs when fully operational.
The Development Authority of Bryan County, Georgia was instrumental in the announcement of the new Caesarstone manufacturing facility to the CSX Select Site at the Belfast Commerce Center in Richmond Hill, GA. Caesarstone is a global leader in the rapidly expanding quartz countertop market. This will be their first U.S. plant, with a $100 million investment in their new 265,000 square foot facility, which will provide 180 full time jobs into the region.
On behalf of CSX and in particular our Industrial Development and Short Line teams, thank you so much for your continued endeavors with us and we look forward to many future successful collaborations.